1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Perfect Beer for NFL Teams

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not a 49ers fan but I love me some Anchor Steam.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

First, it's Western New York, not upstate, and the and the food would be wings (of course) or a Sahlen's or a beef on weck. Cortland is nowhere near Buffalo and is probably is NYG or NYJ territory anyway.

Genny Cream or a Labatt Blue would suffice; a Utica Club or Koch's would also have sufficed back in the day.

Nice premise for a story, but sometimes people overreach and write stuff they know nothing about. Seriously, Natty Bo?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I thought he provided a pretty good explanation of why
    he put Cortland in Bills territory.

Pretty clear that the article was not all that serious so I would not get too
    worked up about it.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd have thought Leinenkugel's for the Packers if the writer was looking for familiarity.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I drank a lot of Rolling Rock during college, but Iron City is definitely the Steeler beer.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The Line-O-Rita sounds a lot like the Bud Light Lime. Still can't fathom how anyone can drink that shit. Good friend of mine who actually likes good beer loves BL Lime. He offered me one, and I took two sips and secretly poured it out and grabbed a Yuengling.

The flavor profile needs reconstructive surgery: sugary and cloying up front, then a Mystery Berry flavor like the kind usually found in packets with plastic straws, then a bitter stale beer finish that lingers in the back of the throat for about two hours after drinking. Yes, I dropped $5.49 on a four pack, and I expect reimbursement from Sports on Earth, because the foul contaminant lingered in the back of my mouth even after a sausage-pepper-and-egg sandwich and two jumbo iced teas.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No, the Lime-A-Rita is much worse than BL Lime.
    Much worse.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

The Lime-A-Rita is much more like a Four Loko....

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Unpossible! But I will never test that theory out, so I'll take your word for it.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You, sir, can go straight to hell.

Lime-A-Ritas are delicious.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The Bengals shouldn't have been anything other than Hudy Delight.

Mediocre, cheap, brewed in Cincinnati. It's like the Bengals in a can.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Lime-A-Ritas are the worst thing ever. I don't even like being near them.

I don't think there's an alcoholic beverage I wouldn't rather drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted