1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnarkShark, Feb 3, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. That was brutal to watch. So unnecessary. At the risk of sounding like Buck, this isn't nearly as good as I thought, or was hoping, it'd be. Not bad enough to get me to stop watching (like my wife), but man. Every week with the stupid Kardashian kids.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Soooo...which kid is Kim? (Asking for a friend)
    I keed, I keed.

Wow. They dropped a MFer bomb on FX? I mean, maybe FXX, but sheesh!

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It actually made me angry. I was annoyed by the first couple of references, but to lead the episode with that horseshit? Insulting to the viewers' intelligence. And I didn't like the implication that Robert was some moral beacon who counseled them not to chase fame but mom led them down that road. Even if the latter part is probably true. I'm sure Kris is enjoying the show. :)

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

The thing is, OJ was a USC legend living in Los Angeles. He had a great NFL career and was later in movies. I absolutely believe he thought he was untouchable.

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the portrayal of Robert Kardashian or the inclusion of his kids. I complained about the kids earlier in this thread, but am floored that they've been in every episode. That's absurd.

I want to believe Robert Kardashian really was just being a loyal friend to OJ, but he comes off as a delusional wuss. I hope he didn't really worship OJ as much as it seems. Maybe that explains why he could simply take OJ's word for it that he had nothing to do with the murders, given the evidence against him.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watched it on the app because my DVR didn't record it for whatever reason, and was wondering if that made it into the over-the-air broadcast.

And yeah, making the Kardashian kids part of the story is such a cheap ploy to get the E! generation to blog about it and discuss it on social media. I mean, the story's not tabloidy enough?

Tweener likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is there a doubt that Kris slept with OJ during her marriage and while OJ was married too?

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It'd be in keeping with her tendency to be an awful human being.

9. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

In the first ep, who was the woman OJ was shown in bed with at the Kardashian house?

10. Steak Snabler

Traci Adell maybe?

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Don't think so. O.J. famously broke up with Barbieri over the phone on the day of the murders.

Draft saved Draft deleted