1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnarkShark, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The theory about Jason being the real killer is really convincing. I remember when that article (or another one) was posted here. It makes a lot of sense.

Or, OJ did it and got away with it.

JC likes this.
  2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Impossible for me to believe anybody but OJ did it. What about the cut on his left hand? His blood all over the place? His 15 stories about where he was, why he was late to the limo and how he cut his hand? But I might have to check out the theory Jason did it. Anyway, I loved the first episode even if Cuba Gooding was indeed a bit distracting given how much smaller he is compared to OJ. Schwimmer was good too but he's much taller than the real Kardashian. Can't wait to see the next episode.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I still think OJ did it, but I will say that after reading a bit on the Jason theory it might be possible. Actually, it's probably the only other possible explanation.

I wasn't sure about the show when I first heard of it, but it seems like it is going to be quite interesting, even if it has flaws. It's such a touchstone for me, and I'm guessing other people. OJ was acquitted the day I turned 15 and in a lot of ways watching the whole thing unfold was how I went from just a dumb kid to somebody who was starting to understand the way the world actually works.

I'll never forget, I was out working on the farm with my dad and he had gotten out of the pickup to do something. A news break came on the radio with a report OJ Simpson's wife had been murdered. When dad got back in I told him and he says "Well, I guess this is one of the rare times when you know the husband didn't do it."

By the time the trial was over it was such a change in perspective when it came to celebrity, race, people's relationships. I had no idea how naive I was up to that point.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many people on here had heard about the Jason theory before this week?

That is a hell of a linked story taking Dear down. I did not follow the case like some have on here, but did OJ have any marks or bruises on him a few days after the murder that might show he had been in a violent fight with someone?

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, and why would OJ be so suicidal in the Bronco if his son did it? I can see upset/distraught, but not suicidal.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Not being critical of anyone here, but it amazes me how many people want to ignore overwhelming evidence showing OJ did this and assume it was somebody else, presumably because he was a great football player.

No evidence points to anyone else and as that Village Voice story says, Tom Lange points out that there was lots of blood in the Bronco and none of it belonged to anyone except the victims and -- as Fred Goldman calls him -- The Killer. Bottom line is incompetent prosecution and a sympathetic jury let OJ Simpson get away with double murder.

Read the book on the civil case by Daniel Petrocelli. He interviewed the technician that drew OJ's blood and the guy admitted he never filled up the vile completely, explaining why it appeared some of OJ's blood was missing. Marcia Clark & Co. never thought to talk to this guy about that?

Horrible, horrible job by the prosecution starting with them holding the trial in downtown LA.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Was Robert Kardashian really this big of a pussy?

Tweener likes this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Was wondering the same thing. And the Kardashian clan chant was not only unnecessary but completely absurd.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Based just on the show, I would be surprised if Kardashian could have tied his own shoelaces. How did he ever make his money?

I was shocked when Kardashian came out and said he doubted OJ's innocence. Massive violation of an attorney-client relationship, but I never knew (or forgot) he didn't practice law and got reinstated only for OJ's trial. It explains how he wasn't up on his legal ethics.

The Darden story is like a 2x4 upside the head. There is a fence between Darden and the other black people, get it? Let's linger on that shot a little longer so a blind person could understand the symbolism.

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Sums it up pretty well.

I'm hooked after the first episode, though I hated that they made a point of showing the Kardashians as kids. They weren't even involved in the whole ordeal. Really, can't we do without them?

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It was so blatant and annoying. Anyone who gives a shit gets the link. I felt like the viewers were being insulted by the obvious pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Tweener likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted