1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnarkShark, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Travolta seems like he's doing some kind of caricature, but not one that really resembles Robert Shapiro at all. Cuba doesn't have the right look or voice, but he's bringing the right emotions.

I don't remember Kardashian well enough to say if Schwimmer is doing an accurate portrayal, but he's making the character interesting. The whiny, kinda pathetic stuff people hated on Friends works here.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This could be said about damn near every role he's played since Vincent Vega.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That might just be him.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But I still think for whatever reason it is a good role for him.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Watched Episode 1 last night.

Travolta as Shapiro reminds me of Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood."

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Or Vincent Barbarino.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Still convinced O.J. is innocent and that his son did it. He took the fall, knowing he wouldn't turn in his own son from his first marriage. Explains Bronco Chase, etc., and how gloves didn't fit. Can't remember the guy's name and I can't think to it at work, but an LA detective laid out entire case that pointed to Jason, O.J.'s son, as the killer. He had been trained in knife fighting in the Army and they even had a picture of him wearing the same knit hat that was found at the scene. Detective alleged that after the killings the son called O.J., who went to the scene of the crime, which explains his bloody footprints and the small amount of blood found in his car.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or, the most logical scenario. OJ got away with murder due to an incompetent DA's office.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If OJ kills her 10 years later, he's found guilty faster than you can say Steven Avery.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

DA gets a bit of a bum rap. At that time (post-riot) and after the Fuhrmann tapes surfaced, that jury wasn't convicting.

The glove was a terrible mistake. I don't think it ultimately would have mattered.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

if you watch the special this guy did -- I think it's available on Google or YouTube -- he lays out a convincing case for Jason, not O.J., being the murderer. He was supposedly infatuated with Nicole and the whole family was supposed to go to see Jason at his new sous chef job that night, but Nicole bailed and he was pissed. He always carried his chef knives with him in his car, the same kind of knife reportedly used in the murder.

here's a link talking about the guy's book.

'O.J. Is Innocent And I Can Prove It': In New Book, P.I. William Dear Claims O.J. Simpson's Son Was The Killer

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted