1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnarkShark, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Schwimmer's performance, but I thought he and Travolta failed to capture the characters as I remember them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I suppose, but I don't recall Kardashian being so whiny and wimpy, nor Shapiro being so over-the-top aggressive. Of course, I wasn't behind the scenes either.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Heard on WTOP that TV is now going to hit us with a bunch of this stuff - less reality TV which is often scripted anyway, and more of these real story reenactments. Melendez brothers will be covered, Jon Benet (oh boy - ten weeks of that shit), and even a new Law & Order franchise. Everybody jumping on the bandwagon.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

" ... and starring John Travolta as Rae Carruth."

Weeeeeeee!!!

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Now that this has been successful, I'm sure it will be copied and done to death. But it might be fun for awhile.

I recorded OJ expecting it to be silly and to hate watch. But loved it. Very well done.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Watch the video of the verdict and look at Kardashian's face. He's absolutely horrified O.J. got off.

But I do think they ramped up his misery on the series. He's standing in for the public in that regard.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Damn, had never noticed Kardashian's face. Wow.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show was so well done. Hell, they even got the slight verdict flub from the clerk. The little details, the various themes presented in the trial and what it said about the judicial system, the country etc., not to mention the various personal dramas felt by the various players.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted