1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Penn State penalty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Show me where I said I cared what anyone thinks.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That post where you tried to lie your way out of us knowing you are a racist was a pretty good indication.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, anyway, back to Penn State.

Where six key 2013 recruits, including the two biggest ones, have reiterated their plans to stay the course.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2012/07/six_members_of_penn_state_2013.html

4. outofplace

Well, there is a thread about college football players not being rocket scientists. These guys will fit right into that stereotype.

5. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Plans change.

6. jr/shotglass

7. outofplace

So, what exactly is your point bringing that story up? That there are still recruits stupid enough to want to be a part of that mess? That you are proud that the program will go on? Wonderful. Those kids are denying themselves better opportunities elsewhere and your beloved Nittany Lions will still get to play no matter how badly the university disgraced itself in the name of the program.

You want to know who would have been better off if the program had been shut down, even for a year? Those football recruits. Because even they wouldn't be dumb enough to stay if Penn State didn't have a football team this fall. One of them actually said everything they signed to go there for is still there? Is he really that dense?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And signing day is when? Oh that's right, just over six months away. Call me interested when they fax their LOIs.

9. jr/shotglass

They aren't beloved to me, oop. That's the type of adjective that you don't even need to throw in there. It shows you haven't really been listening.

And I'm just saying you all were jumping up and down last week, claiming the entire program was going to picked to the bones. That may be premature.

10. jr/shotglass

Mm-hmmm was for the expected responses. That's not cheap snark.

And I'm not performing for anyone. This is genuine.

11. jr/shotglass

I'm not playing these games with you tonight, and if that IS what this thread has devolved to, I'll step away from it for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.