1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paul Finebaum Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 16, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The Paul Feimbaum Show

Fuckbaum

2. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

PF kicks whomever is down. When bama was down and AU was up -- he kicked the hell out of Shula. He graduated from Tennersea but hates the big orange. He does well with interviews, but gives Charles from Reeltown and Phyllis from Mulga way too much attention. Although the show cracks me up a lot.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Most American college football fans who had access to a television that night.
    There, have I clarified myself?

Let me guess ... you didn't watch it either.

Carry on.

4. Re: The Paul Feimbaum Show

I've made the drive from Birmingham to Orange Beach a few times and I've always made it a point to search out Finebaum's show on the radio. There's a passion about college football that exists on that show from both it's host and callers that I haven't heard anywhere else in the country. If you don't like college football - tune into some other program.

I'm surprised ESPN didn't pick up Finebaum when they expanded Game Day by an hour this year.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To put it mildly, he's not very telegenic:

[​IMG]

EDIT: To make the link an "image" rather than "italics."

6. Re: The Paul Feimbaum Show

Well he not pretty but he's not a one-eyed pirate with acid burns either.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy was listening today and went ballistic. Tim Brando was on and, I'm not sure how or why this tangent went off, but a caller went off on an anti-Catholic rant, saying they weren't Christians because they weren't saved, and prayed to statues and Mary.
    Finebaum's response was like "oh... next caller..."

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This thread is actually making me want to listen to his show. Sounds like a trainwreck.

9. WS

WS Member

That was all started because of Gene Chizik repeatedly saying "It's a God thing" about Auburn's win on Saturday

10. times38

times38 Member

as long as the show stays on football it's borderline listenable. on those occasions (usually in the summer) when Paul decides to do some social commentary it turns into the Lee Atwater show with the callers.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've seen fire and I've seen rain ...

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And after (or maybe just before) that, some lady called in sounding like she was about 10 packs deep into a 20-pack day, saying how everyone was right about Brando's wife and daughter (whatever that was), and that he was "A IDIOT!!!".

Cut to break.

Draft saved Draft deleted