1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paul Finebaum Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why would anyone possibly give a sideways fuck about how Gene Stallings left Alabama 15 years ago?

Get a life radio idiots and your listeners.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe that philosophy is why publications like SI and ESPN get their facts wrong. Their writers have little regard for history of the game.

Whatever the sport, for the fan who cares, they probably want to know every fact and nugget.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was going to say because Stallings was just elected to the College Football Hall of Fame, but boom makes a good point as well. It matters to the people who are fans of the team.

What, Bubbler, you think Yankee fans won't be debating the reasons for Joe Torre's exit 15 years from now?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only heard the last 30 minutes of yesterday's show, but it explains why he sounded like a scolded child..

5. Bubbler

I'm sure they will, but not as fodder for a contemporary radio show.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You wouldn't say that if it was a debate on Harvey Kuehn...

7. Boom_70

If it was just a caller raising the question yes but in context of the program discussion past few days question of Stallings departure made perfect sense. It was Stallings who really opened the door to the discussion.

The moral of the story - don't fuck with The Junction Boys.

8. Bubbler

He ain't quittin'.

9. Boom_70

Or Bernie the Brewer who I am not still convinced actually retired in 1984. I have heard that he was asked to resign because he hit on Bud's wife.

10. Boom_70

Today's show should be a gem. Payback time for Auburn fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted