1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paul Finebaum Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

XM radio has started a new college sports station that includes Paul Finebaum show from Alabama. Growing up in the North have always heard that football is a religion in the South. Have never realized how true the statement is until listening to Finebaum show and his callers.

Really a great listen for college football fans who believe that the SEC is the only major conference in America.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The Paul Feimbaum Show

He is an idiot. His callers are the lowest common denominator. When Finebaum scratches his cheek, he tickles Nick Saban in the balls. His jokes are unfunny. He ceased to be a journalist years ago and is now a shill for the SEC and Alabama in particular. He is a dilettante.
    People who know him say he's not like that away from the radio, but also know that Finebaum created this personna, he's stuck with it.
    Fuck Paul Finebaum -- as a radio host, a writer, a person.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What do you really think of him, Slappy?

4. mb

mb Active Member

I'd post, but slappy not only beat me to the punch, he pretty much hit that one out of the park.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A wart on the ass of society.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He also goes by "Mr. Pooped My Pants."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm getting the impression that Slappy doesn't like Paul Feinbaum.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't know you did impressions.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The SJ penis envy always emerges in these threads.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why would Slappy envy Feinbaum's penis?

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Uh...no. Slappy hit the nail on the head. His interviews could be good, but his show was horrible. Anyone who had to live in his radio area knows how reprehensible Finebaum is/was. No one envies that clown.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd guess no less than 70 percent of his audience tunes in just to hear what he says next, not because they particularly like him at all.

I listened to him quite a bit when I lived in Bama. Now, that I'm back in civilization, I've put his show on the radio when friends are in the car just to give them a feel for what the South is like during football season. They are highly amused.

I don't love him. I don't hate him. He's just another idiot radio show host. Not sure how so many people can have such hatred for the guy, but whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted