1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Patrick Sharp story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

That one was confirmed, wasn't it? I believe it's been reported that they even got in a fistfight when Lacewell confronted Switzer, and Lacewell left Oklahoma soon after that.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I was at Cornell, the head football coach (Maxie Baughan) had to resign because of an affair with the wife of his assistant head coach. Baughan was building a great program at the time that he had to quit.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The best ever was when Deadspin for about 24 straight hours pledged that it was dropping a nuclear bomb on ESPN for some perceived grievance, and it's big bombshell was that someone in marketing married someone in accounting, or something like that.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Jarret Stoll, not married.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Has Ryne Sandberg ever addressed the Martinez/Palmeiro trade talk?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How big would it be if the Yankees wife-swapping of the 70's occurred in the Internet age?

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I thought they were making a movie about that, starring Damon and Affleck.

8. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

TMZ sure would have had fun with it.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Damn. If you're talking about the one I think, didn't think that one had legs outside the local market.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or here's a nutty fictional one:

In Major League, Vaughn sleeps with Dorn's wife without knowing who she was. At the celebration after beating the Yankees, Dorn punches out Vaughn.

If you were a reporter after the game, or they were televising the celebration, wouldn't they be asked a million questions about why Dorn threw a punch at him?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Delonte West and LeBron James

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Quite a few years back ... Rick Manning and Dennis Eckersley. That was the reason Eck was traded to Boston, and he wasn't even the adulterer.

Draft saved Draft deleted