1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Patrick Sharp story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some variation of this one seems to pop up in sports every few years or so, whether it's Kobe and Pau, Sandberg and Dave Martinez, or some other rumored locker room lothario and cuckold.

As I understand it, Sharp was the subject of some runaway Internet rumors that he had bedded the girlfriend of Patrick Kane and/or the wife of Duncan Keith, as well as possibly a female television sports reporter who covers the team, Cheryl Scott. WSCR mid-day host Dan Bernstein has also been hinting about it for some time. Sharp, for what it's worth, is married with two young daughters, but has consistently been named the best-looking athlete in Chicago or some variation of it. He's also in the middle of a god awful season and is largely blamed (rightfully so) for the Blackhawks' unexpected struggles this year.

Anyway, Sharp and the Blackhawks finally felt compelled to address it this weekend, with denials all around. I believe this was after Dave Diehl, the former NFL lineman and now NFL broadcaster, Tweeted about a rumor that Sharp's escapades had led to a locker room fight.

Sharp: Rumors have taken toll, considering legal action - Chicago Blackhawks Blog - ESPN Chicago

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I finally dumped his sorry ass from my fantasy team about three weeks ago. He can go screw around with whoever he wants now for all I care.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I remember seeing his wife on TV at some point a few years ago. Just gorgeous, in a really natural way.

4. Dick Whitman

I guess you would think if there was any truth to it, he'd be gone today, since he's going to be leaving in the offseason most likely anyway.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Kobe and Pau?

6. Dick Whitman

I just looked it up. Apparently the story there was that Kobe and Pau's wives didn't get along. So it wasn't the same dynamic, but it was another story where WAGs were threatening to tear apart teammates.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Golden Tate-Russell Wilson?

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Cheryl Scott isn't horrible, either, though apparently she does the weather, not sports.

[​IMG]

9. RecoveringJournalist

10. Dick Whitman

There is a well-known, successful Division I college basketball coach who allgedly had an affair with a local TV personality. She had previously dated a former All-American football player at the school, who one night had to call the police on her.

At some point, someone called in to the coach's weekly teleconference and simply said the TV woman's name out of the blue.

EDIT: Edited because it appears from his school Web site bio that he's still married.

11. RecoveringJournalist

There was a news girl at my first stop who was rumored to have had affairs with several pro and college players in the area. She was fired.

The sports producer said, "After all that, you would have thought she could break some news..."

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Melissa Stark and.....Jeff Jones? Wayyyy back in the day. Big Circus can confirm or deny, I bet.

Draft saved Draft deleted