1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Open Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is something wrong about playing this tournament in shirt sleeves. Give me sweaters, flags tipping in the wind at 45 degrees and the course looking more beige than green on TV.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I talked to someone at St. Andrews about a year or so ago about packages to the 2015 Open. Only about $3,000 per person.

3. Rory starts strong. -5 with three holes left.
    Tiger (-3) charges up from +1 with five birdies on the back nine through 16.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Tiger hits some guy in the face with a shot on 17:

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24624782/tiger-woods-hits-somebody-in-the-face-with-a-drive

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

John Singleton is at even par through 11. Which wouldn't be considered a big deal. Except that his full time job is being a factory worker driving a forklift.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's been a long way down since "Boyz N The Hood."

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tip your hat.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kid from Australia pars the last 4 holes for a crowd pleasing 90.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

O/U on Rory tomorrow....with rain, and gusts to 35..........77

I'll take the over.

This has all the makings of Round 3 at Muirfield in 2002.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McIlroy plays in the afternoon, when conditions are allegedly forecast to be better than in the morning. So it might be Scott who gets the weather in his face.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ernie Els did the same, with his opening drive of the tournament. He shot a 79 and admitted to being rattled by seeing "blood everywhere" after his ball smashed some older gentleman's jaw.

http://espn.go.com/golf/theopen14/story/_/id/11228915/ernie-els-rattled-hitting-spectator-tee-shot-shoots-79-first-round-open-championship

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nice round for Tiger. He opened bogey-bogey and shanked a drive as bad as I ever have. Looked headed for an 80.

Draft saved Draft deleted