1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Open Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Can't believe Stricker dumped it into the bunker from the fairway with Sergio in trouble on the fifth. Both take bogey.
    Els is playing well so far and may end up putting some pressure on Sergio with another birdie or two.
    Tiger drops down to -1.

2. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I think if I just read the leaderboard correctly, Tiger needs 3 straight birdies in his last 3 holes in order to have a chance to force a playoff with in-the-clubhouse leader Richard Green who sits at -5 for the tourney. Sergio still leading (by only 1) at -8 for the tourney

3. Key

Key Well-Known Member

The noose gets a little tighter - Sergio drops another to fall to +2 for the day. He's got a one-shot lead (well, he's actually tied with Romero who's currently looking for his ball in the bushes).

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Sergio was already one of the all-time Sunday chokers, in my opinion. If he blows this one, he might hold the title. At least Norman won two of these things.

5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Sergio's gag reflex has been initiated.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I think Paddy Harrington might take this one.

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Yeah, or Els

8. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Paddy get to -7 to tie Sergio.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just crawled out from under a rock, I guess, but I just noticed ABC is no longer calling it the "British Open" and is calling it "The Open Championship." As they should, of course, but I was surprised by it.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Harrington since I'm playing him this week in fantasy golf.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This is going to be a great finish thanks to Sergio gagging away a couple of holes.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Argentina rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted