1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only writer to enjoy talking about himself more than Michael Silver is ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Arash Markazi. This clown would suck his own dick if he could.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/09/01/maui/index.html

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Until this minute, I had never heard of Arash Markazi...and having briefly opened that link, I hope to never hear of him again.

3. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Didn't RR do the same thing last year for SI?

God that is horrible.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

That's the thing -- at least Silver is "a name." This douchebag is a nobody.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why they waste ink on words for the swimsuit issue is beyond me. Just about every writer who has had to do an article for the issue about watching the models does the same bs. I liked it better when they actually wrote about the locales they were shooting at.
    I worked for a sports editor who said he hated columns written in Spanish "Aye, Aye, Aye..." Your name is on story, your pictures might even be over the article, he'd say, the reader doesn't need to read "I think" "I saw" "I wonder."
    BTW - Gary Smith does a great variation of this by substituting "you." "You are standing on a beach in Maui with a nearly topless model striding toward you beneath sky the color of blue ice." Much more reader friendly.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Gag, and puke.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Arash Markazi is a good kid, and his ability to get into events in SoCal is impressive. He does do a lot o features, but the style does tend toward the Silver "I, I, I" vein. His work unfortunately often consists of assignments where he goes to parties and social events with athletes, like SI.com is intentionally asking him to write for 12-year-olds and other assorted morons and voyeuristic types.

Somnetimes a writer tries too hard to be funny. This was a major miss on his part.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not doing anything remotely important at the moment, but that read was still a waste of my time.

Draft saved Draft deleted