1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The one person for you. Reality or farce?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, May 30, 2008.

1. The way my dating life (or lackthereof) has gone, I personally don't believe in the one or the one right now. It's tough to find someone to date or be involved with when all women seem to be superficial, shallow, and extremely immature.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Look for someone older. ;)

3. Been there, tried that. Last few women I've dealt with were 38, 46, 47, and 37. They're just as bad as the 20somethings, at least around here anyway.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Romantic love is a myth, like the yeti or its North American cousin the sasquatch.
    Romantic love is not real. It's a highly transitory electro-chemical reaction.
    The only lasting elements are compatibility and shared goals, and those are things you can share with more than one person.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's the highly transitory electro-chemical reaction that distinguishes a lifelong lovemuffin from your college buddy.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Simon and Garfunkel started warming up their vocal cords and don't know why.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I follow really what Buckweaver said, you kind of make them "the one" through your hard work and dedication. Is my wife "the one"? I felt like she was when I proposed (3 wks after we met) when we got married (8 mos later; no not pregnant) and today (13 years later).

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I have fallen madly in love twice in my life. Next time I go for Mr. Right, I'll do it the old-fashioned way ... you know ... get shit-faced, dragged out of a bar, have drunken, stumbling, bumbling sex, get knocked up and make him marry me.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here, here for the classics!

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've already told The Queen: When she turfs me, my next wife will be a Wal-Mart queen. I'm going to keep it simple.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Where?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anywhere Dooley wants.

Bawm chicka bow-wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted