1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The one person for you. Reality or farce?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, May 30, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, joke...Kramer line.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

It's obvious because she's married with kids and I'm still single.

3. Gotcha.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I don't believe that meeting a person who becomes someone very special to you is ever happenstance. I really do believe that these things happen for a reason. It may seem random, but think back. The timing was perfect at the time for both of you to have met each other. Think about the effect you both had on each other, even years later. I'm not sure there is anything random or happenstance about it.

Think about the current girlfriend. Don't you think that the two of you met at the EXACT perfect moment in both your lives for this to become something? Seriously, a month earlier and I don't believe it would have worked out the way it has.

5. dooley_womack1

I guess one could say better not married than marrying unwisely, John, so look at it that way.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

There's a template for the kind of person who fits you. You meet one of the large number of people who does. I love my fiancee, but I don't believe for a second that if we'd lived in different time zones we'd have been unable to find someone to make us happy.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I concur.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, one of my "the one"s had someone else as her "the one." So while he lived out of town she hung out with me out of "curiosity." But when push came to shove, she couldn't imagine her life "without him in it." They got married sometime around 1992 and I haven't seen or heard from her since.

And since I never knew his last name and they lived out of state, I can't even look up on the Internet whether or not she eventually saw the light (he would give her money for Christmas and tell her to go buy her present) and they got divorced.

I met another of my "the one"s at a party. When she and her roommate walked in, at first glance I liked her roommate better.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

True. It's not something I think or worry about much. I'm happy with my life and I'm happy she's happy with hers.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That pretty much finishes me. I'm all three. ALL THREE! [/GeorgeCarlin]

11. dooley_womack1

One of my wife's friends is basically married to the Catholic Church. And she's perfectly happy with that. In the long run, you must be happy with yourself, or else no one will make you happy.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I've always dreamed of meeting "the three ... or four or five." /warrenjeffs

Draft saved Draft deleted