1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ol' Lefthander needs some prayers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Should be on the list of never-to-be-broken sports records - pitching in the big leagues at age 15. Yeah, I know it was wartime and all but still....

All the best to him and his family.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Love, love Nuxhall. Many nights as a kid I'd go to sleep listening to Marty and Joe. All the best to him.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

joe's as good of a guy as you'll ever want to meet... hear he's doing well right now. hope to hear him and marty together soon

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've lived in Reds Country for most of my 32 years, and it's amazing to think they were a team for nearly that whole time.

Joe's not listed on the broadcasting team this year, but I'm sure God willing, he'll make at least a couple cameos this season.

Get well soon, Joe.

7. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

I'm pretty sure that at the time the Reds announced the Thom Brennaman hire, I heard or read that Nuxie would still be doing a handful of games. I'll do my best not to miss 'em.

And I'm extremely thankful that the situation doesn't sound as dire for Joe as I first thought. Get well soon, indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted