1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Oklahoman's "Mr. Unreliable" headline

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NDJournalist, May 1, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Typical response from the new resident board asshole. Sure, I'll do my homework on your insider knowledge. I have criticized the headline on this very thread, but to say there is no rebounding from it is just ridiculous. Keep calm and troll on.

2. Decadent

Decadent New Member

Another dimwit with butthurt because he can't argue an inarguable, dimwit position.

It'll sting for years. You'll never be right if you claim otherwise. Accept it.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Maybe they can just rename the paper and hope no one will notice?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Or just shut the damn place down. There's no coming back from that.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Man, your comebacks are starting to sound achingly familiar.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing.

7. Decadent

Decadent New Member

If you've had butthurt before, I can't say I'm surprised.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

My, aren't you clever. And smart. And an asshole. Why some people get their kicks ruining a message board with this bullshit I will never figure out. Of course, because I am not smart enough.

9. Decadent

Decadent New Member

Obviously not. Not sure what you're trying to deduce, but one piece of the puzzle continually eludes you.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm done feeding the troll. Keep up the good work, though.

11. Decadent

Decadent New Member

So no counterargument then. Much what I expected.

At the risk of creating more butthurt, I wonder these things. Clearly there were many people at many levels who thought the original headline was a bad idea. The clear move would have been to pick some prominent position in the paper and then offer some sort of remorse/retraction with some brief explanation of what happened. As it stands now, the writer is accused of something he had nothing to do with. Admittedly, some of the people doing the accusing are dumb shits, but that's the fallout of a bad decision like this one.

Plan B -- ass-covering, dodging, planning for some sort of "makeup" down the road -- was a poor one.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No. And I'm not going to engage in it either but to say this.

The fact that people get sick of nyah-nyah bullshit on here doesn't mean they don't have arguments to counter yours. It means that they're already tired of this garbage.

Draft saved Draft deleted