1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Oklahoma St. Homecoming parade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 25, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that this woman's BAC was well over .10.

Focusing on .05-.10 misses the point entirely.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Was just thinking this yesterday.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

This practice has worked so well in the war on drugs.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That was Billy Tubbs at OU and the always classy Mizzou fans with the shirts.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was my thought exactly.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks - I'd like to find one of those shirts for a friend who got run over by a golf cart. He wound up with a real tire track on his yellow polo shirt.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

One problem is that people don't know what they're at, though. And they rationalize it, as their decision-making is incapacitated.

8. Mr. Sunshine

They need signs at exits to record your BAC like the signs that record your speed as you drive by.

9. Mr. Sunshine

I quit drinking five years ago. I see no reason why anyone needs to get drunk. I'd be fine with reinstituting Prohibition.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Something doesn't add up about the drunk theory. By all accounts, she wasn't a heavy drinker and she actually went to work at a yogurt shop that morning. I think there's more to this story to come.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's true, but the folks that get into deadly accidents are mostly alcoholics, who drive drunk repeatedly, and are well over the limit.

The guy that splits a bottle of wine with his wife over dinner might be over .05, and might not realize it, but the risk of him getting into an accident, because of alcohol impairment, is minuscule compared to the alcoholic.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Could be, TV, although plenty of alcoholics don't appear to be heavy drinkers.

Draft saved Draft deleted