1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ohio UNIVERSITY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I actually went out last night, not on campus, to watch the game at an "OU" bar. Everyone had their Austen Everson jerseys on, let me tell ya.

If you want evidence how badly the school wants to be legit, but isn't, I bring up the fact they were selling the pictures of the OSU scoreboard when OU and OSU were tied at 10 in '99. At the half.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

It's a shame Everson wasn't better. They missed out on a gold mine with "Austen 3:16" shirts.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Everson's actually a pretty religious guy. I don't think he would have swung for that.

4. cubman

cubman Member

NO SHIT, which I learned in my previous job. That said, being raised in Columbus I can't call them just "Ohio" because growing up calling the local school Ohio State, I feel like that needs a qualifier of some sorts. I call them "Ohio University" out of habit.
    Well, back to my morning after hole now.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I enjoy hearing and reading "The" in front of my Podunk University.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Game story ... http://www.thepost.ohiou.edu/articles/2007/01/08/sports/16531.html ... there's also a notebook. Don't know what else they did.

(And I post only because I'm a Post alum who's proud that three college kids made it to Mobile on a school night.)

Draft saved Draft deleted