1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official Thread of Opening Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Apr 1, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I got a gallon of Land O Lakes two percent in the fridge for ya.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh man. Nothing says Opening Day quite like the Mets-Cardinals and my fingers in a tub of lard.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damnit, Zeke, where is the Old Dutch chips at? Land O Lakes don't go well unless the O.D. BBQ chips are laying around!!

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You wife doesn't know you talk about her like that, does she? ;)

BTW, the Twins will once again hit their DH 8th. Has any other team done this and had success? Weird as shit, but it works for them.

D-3 -- I'm out of Old Dutch. But I'll pick some up before tomorrow night.

Menu at my house is grilled hot dogs, potato salad, chips and cokes.

Maybe some lil smokies in the crock pot, too. Fuck it. It's opening day.

5. Yes - Last year Schilling went 0-1 in one start in KC. He went just over 7 innings and allowed 5 earned runs but also struck out 7. For his career - Schilling is 3-2 with a 3.86 ERA against the Royals but at Kaufman Stadium he is a Joel Pineiro like 1-2 with a 6.20 ERA.

However Schilling gets up for big games and Opening Day is a big game. Remember the bloody sock!!

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I have never agreed with you more.

8 weeks of hell ends tonight.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Natural casing hotdogs with chili (Onassis or National coney islands will work, thank you), and Red Pelican mustard; Better Made chips, Vernors if you don't drink, find a stroh's if you do....

Opening day in Detroit...

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

A pal, Red Sox fan, and I have a bet every year. This year he proposed his Red Sox against my Cards, even up, for most wins during the regular season. I told him I would bend over and take a game and a half, do the bet. He went off like the first fire ever to melt steel; told me to take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

This is what happens when an optimistic Cardinals fan tries to make a reasonable bet with a typical Red Sox fan. Bleeah.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

For the love of all that is holy, why did Karl Ravech just address Jason Giambi as "G"?

10. Maybe not optimistic - just stupid.

The Vegas over/under for Cardinals wins is 85.

For the Red Sox - it is 91.5.

Your friend should have leaped at your offer and doubled the bet amount.

11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

By the way, GO METS!!!

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Let's see--I proposed a bet which I recognized as generous (to put it generously), and my pal not only refused it but blew it off--and that makes ME stupid. And the Red Sox fan is... ??? ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted