1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official thread of God's favorite quarterback, Tim Tebow...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Yeah, why not go do it now?

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

You'd rather him, of course, announce he's gay.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is he? If so, I would hope he is able to someday live life as he truly is.

4. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

See that's the trouble with the majority of this room. They'd laud a guy for coming out but let him do something in line with his faith to help his fellow man and it's hissed at.

If you can't find something wrong with that way of thinking, then there's no point in continuing this discourse.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Being a 3rd string QB is in line with his faith?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Is this where you take your ball and go home?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Blessed are the clipboard holders for they shall chart the plays.

8. Bodie_Broadus

In the name of the Holy Goodell, amen.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When did I say something bad about him doing something in line with his faith?

The only issue I have related to his faith is I don't care for him answering football questions with it. Even then, I'm not condemning the guy. I just find it annoying.

Most of my negative comments about Tebow are directed at the foolish notions you and some of the other worshippers keep tossing out there about him as a player. He did not win those games two years ago in Denver. The Broncos won those games, often in spite of him. There is no reason to think he can play tight end given that he has never been asked to block or catch the ball as they do.

Why do people keep insisting he can can play at tight end or running back? Because the worshippers are starting to realize he's not a very good quarterback and they are desperate for him to somehow succeed in the NFL.

Regarding your point about a guy coming out, I can't imagine having to hide something like that. I said I would hope they would be able to live their lives honestly because that's a matter of human decency. People are happier when they can be who they really are.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Tebow announced he was gay, you and the other cultists would condemn the hell out him.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Not so much insisting as suggesting that Tebow might have a better shot at sticking around in another type of backup role. A situational role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.