1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official thread of God's favorite quarterback, Tim Tebow...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Re: The official where will Tim Tebow wind up thread

I thought this when the Broncos drafted him, and I still wonder: Is Tebow open to playing another position, like tight end or even short-yardage back? As we've seen, he's a good enough athlete and strong enough to do either.

Maybe now that he's had a taste of success as a starting QB (let's not reopen the debate on his contribution to this "success"), he won't consider another position. But if he would, the Broncos should keep him.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it would be batshit.

3. MileHigh

Everything I read and hear (and I read and hear a lot about this team) -- no, he's not.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the over-under is a No. 3. I could see them getting a No. 2 from Jax for him. It might be next year's No. 2, but still... If Khan wants him, the Broncos would have a shot at a No. 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think if the GM was told to cough up multiple firsts for Tebow or forced to play him at the expense of a Pro Bowl QB, that'd be one thing. But it's not as though he's the Worst Player To Ever Play The Game. And teams sign past-their-prime guys all the time in hopes of goosing fan interest.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see, right? But I don't think teams do this any more. I think those days are over with. I think in the days of advanced scouting and metrics and piles of money being spent, emotion and gimmickry has been largely excised from the personnel decision-making process. The margin for error in a competition between really smart executives is just too razor thin to go fucking around like that.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not challenging you to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious: Can you name some examples?

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's what I figured, especially after he won some games at QB. And maybe that was agreed upon when Denver drafted him -- I'm a quarterback.

How Tebow's future plays out might be more interesting than the courtship of Peyton Manning.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tebow to Pats?

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/could_tim_tebow.html

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What's Tebow's contract run for, anyway? I don't think the Broncos will get any offers that'd make it worth their while to trade him. I could see Belichick offering peanuts just for the chance to have another toy to blow defenses' minds with.
    There's no reason Tebow should think he can't play quarterback in the NFL. He has been far from a failure, if equally far from a smashing success.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would be amazed if Manning did not point to a poster of Tebow and mentioned to Elway that he really didn't need this shit going on in any shape or form if he was a Bronco.

Jacksonville would be nuts not to give up a third rounder for Tebow.

12. MileHigh

I think he's got two more years. This year is pretty cheap. I want to say less than $2 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.