1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official running thread for...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zeke12, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This seems like:

a) a Random Thoughts thread in the making
    b) an Imus thread in that it's not about Imus but created because of Imus
    c) a What's for Lunch thread
    d) possible greatness in the making
    e) all of the above

But it's too early to tell.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The ripple effect from a single douchebag's ugly remark is astounding. From a governor with a broken leg to about a zillion threads on SportsJournalists.com, one of which is mainly about pasta.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I prefer girl on top, but sometimes the old missionary position hits the spot, just right

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There's almost no bad sexual position. Most have the same result for guys (unless you're BYH).

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I liked this thread better when there was the possibility of recipes. Here's one of my favorites:

2 cups cooked black beans
    1/4 cup chopped onions
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 minched garlic clove
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 fresh seeded and chopped jalapeno or 2 tablespoons fresh chili or pepper of your choice
    8 ounces vegan sausage (or real sausage)
    2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro

In a medium sized pot, combine beans and onions and heat for 5 minutes. In a separate pot, heat oil and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add bean mixture, oregano and chili to garlic. Reduce heat, cover and simmer.

While beans are simmering, heat a small frying pan and cook sausage. Heat sausage, stirring until it is hot and crumbled. Add to beans. Cook mixture for 10 minutes.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sounds gosh-darn tasty, SC. Right now I'm having to make do with corn tortillas and someone else's cheap-ass sliced cheese, 'cause I'm stuck at work. I can't complain, though. Thanks to the blizzardy weather snd one DJ's inability to negotiate the hazardous roads, I'm taking off my news hat and covering one of the music shows for the evening. :D

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think I speak for all the forces of good in the world when I politely ask, sc, what if the fuckity fuck all could "vegan sausage" possibly be?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What kind of beans?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's soy, silly. Meat eaters ::) ;) :D

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I like about any recipe for baked chicken.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The way I eat chicken ... one leg over each ear.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Is this where you want me to get my recipes for the SportsJournalists.com recipe site from?

Draft saved Draft deleted