1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official running thread for...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zeke12, Apr 13, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I always use penne. I still call it baked ziti.

The GF asked for mushrooms in it next time.

Have to find a good way to pull that off without cooking the shit out of the mushrooms. I'm always open to new ideas.

Try ground pork seasoned with fennel and Italian seasoning. Yummy.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fennel is an anti-flatulent.

http://www.ageless.co.za/herb-fennel.htm#Properties

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My Favorite recipe:

Take 3 pinches of Colombian gold in 1 large EZ Wider rolling paper. Pack it down with the length of your right index finger and proceed to roll up until you've created an object that resembles a filterless cigarette. Moisten the the edge with your tounge to complete the joint.
    Sit on the couch, turn on The Chappelle Show, fire up the joint. Enjoy it was a nice imported lager or 3 and a 2 lb bag of Dorito's, original flavor.

Rinse and Repeat, often

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

keeping with the theme, if storms dont keep me from the grill Saturday, it's going to be brats in a beer bash -- a aluminum foil Lasagna pan, filled with onion, brats (with fork holes poked in to allow the fat out and the following in) and soaking in beer. cook them outside the grill for a little bit, then jump them in the tub. You can cook them in the mix for as long as you want after they're ready

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was with you 'til the end, 'Yab.

But you have to have Cool Ranch Doritos there.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The Future's not a fan of mushroooms ... rarely will she eat them on pizza even, but in nothing else.

Ground pork is a thought.

7. heyabbott

Damn that sounds great. I've got some Italian Sausages left over from my baked Ziti. Think I'll grill them up tonight with some peppers and onions. Then I'll take some backissues of Barely Legal that I haven't gotten to yet, and spend some quality time in the throne room.

good times

8. heyabbott

I find Cool Ranch goes well with Coronas, but I've got some Dos XX's, which I find complement the original flavor a little better. But that's why god made red heads and blondes, so we can taste differnt things

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I remember the first time I saw Don Imus...he was a VJ on the fledgling VH1...he was rambling on and on, and mentioned how displeased he was with a writer from the Atlanta Journal Constitution...the guy said Imus looked like David Brinkley...stoned.

I laughed. It was about 1986.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Indeed.

For lunch today: Sushi. Might even splurge and get the tempura crabs as an appetizer.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Big bowl of New Mexico green chile over here. A few tortillas would go along quite nicely, but I gained a small paunch over the winter. I'm trying to take it easy on carbs. It's more difficult than I'd thought it'd be.

For string-shaped pasta, I prefer fettucine over spaghetti.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Penne is great. I don't know if they're around anymore (the one in town closed recently) but Mozzerella's had a great smoked chicken pasta pie -- penne topped with smoked chicken, peppers, onions, cream sauce and mozzerella and baked. Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted