1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official "Must see sports videos/clips" on the internet.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I know there's an "official youtube thread" over on the "Anything Goes" board, but that's more for general clips.
    Since this is a sports-themed board, I thought it'd be fun to collect some videos on one thread that highlight why we love sports. I don't think there should be any guidelines, other than it should be sports related somehow. I have a feeling that this thread could go several different directions and I'm looking forward to seeing what people want to share and what others find interesting.
    I'll start with a few links (followed by a brief description of the video):

(Fan-cam of the final out of the 2002 World Series between the Angels and Giants. My best friend and I were in the left field bleachers and, being lifelong Angels fans who had lived through 1979, 1982 and 1986 disappointments, were laughing, crying and enjoying the moment for all we could. We didn't move from out seats for a good hour after that final out.)

(Since I'm an MMA fan, I thought I'd throw in my favorite bout of 2007 -- Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz in Las Vegas. Neither guy was really strong enough to KO the other guy with one punch, so there were a lot of good exchanges. I won't say who wins, but the submission hold at the end of the bout is one of the best, and most creative, I've ever seen.)

("Boom Goes The Dynamite" -- simply a classic)

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The entire JDV Collection!

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted