1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official Halloween Costume Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Oct 22, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Being that you're a MAC guy, I presume you mean the real Athens, the one in Ohio :D

God, I'd kill to go back. Big street party, drunk college boys . . . sigh. Those were the days.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was thinking of dressing up as Larry Bird, but I don't know if I have the stones to wear the short shorts in public.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I generally wear a suit and go as a responsible adult.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're not nearly ugly enough either.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I enjoy socializing and "partying" and I'm usually glad for any excuse to get together with people and have fun. But I hate dressing up for Halloween. Loathe it.

I'll do it and make the best of it if I'm dating someone and she really wants to attend a costume party. Otherwise, I like to take the night off and stay home while the rest of the world is driving around half-drunk in costume. If I really feel seasonal, I'll bust out the old Damned and Stranglers LPs. That's about it.

Dia de los Muertos, on the other hand, I love...

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Another fun idea I heard (for a couple) was the female going as a girl scout selling cookies and the boyfriend going as Cookie Monster.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Spup can go as the next door neighbor who tells the local paper:
    "He kept to himself a lot but seemed like a very nice man. He always said 'hello' and smiled when I saw him. I can't believe he could do something like this."

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Last year, the girl and I went as Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton from the Islands in the Stream video.

We won a bar tab.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Zeke must have made a killer Dolly Parton.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm going as Johnny Drama. I just got my viking helmet last night, and a battle ax. It have high hopes it'll work out well.

My roommate's going as Turtle. Vince and E, i think, would be much harder to pull off. Turtle and Drama though, I think we're set.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fixed ... not that there's anything .....

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A news editor I worked with at a previous paper wanted to do something like that, complete with the "Islands in the Stream" theme. Thing is, she would have needed balloons - her idea, no one else's - to complete her look and I dunno if I would let anyone put silvery white crap in my mop ...

Draft saved Draft deleted