1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official dumb question thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jun 7, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So I'm thinking a thread where we can ask random questions, ones not worthy of their own thread, and hope learned folks respond. Like one that got raised here a couple months back: "How long do you use your razor blade for before changing blades?" Hey, it's useful info for someone.

No, the idea is not to mimic Random Thoughts, Moddy, so I hope you might let this live.

My random question to start the thread: What type of cutlery is good cutlery? I have to buy some for the parents (no, not as a Father's Day gift), and I wanna buy them something decent. They all look the same to me at Target.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Re: The official "that's a dumbass question" thread.

[​IMG]

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I love sporks.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't know about cutlery, but I have a question about squirrels.

How do you keep the things out of your flower pots? I have one I feed, and whenever he runs out of corn, he digs in my flower pots. He never eats the plants, just digs a big hole.

5. Re: The official "that's a dumbass question" thread.

I just came over from the design thread and I've got some dumb questions. It's been years since I've designed and some of the jargon eludes me.

The Masthead is the box that has the name of all the big wigs, right? And isn't the flag the name of the newspaper on the front? That doesn't include the teasers/skyboxes right?

6. Re: The official "that's a dumbass question" thread.

That's when you get Stan off his furry butt and make him earn his keep!

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Cutlery: Do they really need a whole set, wicked? One can probably get by with good quality chef's knife, a boning knife for meat and fish and a few butter knives. Maybe a serrated knife, too, if they cut a lot of bread.

Flower pots: Mouse traps would make a fine deterrent.

-----------

My question: Why does Hawai'i have an interstate system?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

On mouse traps: I don't want to hurt him. My cats would be traumatized.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Everything they have is old and cheap. I wanna get them something quality, not cheap-ass stuff.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If it's quality you want, I'd suggest Global knives. They're lightweight, fairly inexpensive and easy to sharpen. You might not be able to find those at Target, though.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

At least they're not Cutco.

And trust me, I'll be shopping somewhere a little higher class.

12. Wow, I ask a journalism board a journalism question and everyone jumps on the fucking squirrels and cutlery ... you guys watch too much tv. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted