1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official Duke-North Carolina game(s) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Moddy, please. Our frozen land of hardy New Englanders and lite-brite terrorists is smack-dab in the middle of ACC territory these days, too.

2. ESPN sucks gallons of pond water for doing that last night.
    Although the MP-Dookie V wrap in SC last night was more priceless, "The interesting thing about how better-than-average Duke is now is how great they were back then." fellatio, which is going to be the ESPN meme apparently until Paulus shoots them out of the tournament against the SWAC champion.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I know that full well. That wasn't my point.
    I'm just curious why, smack in the middle of ACC country, I got it on ESPN and others didn't.
    No offense to your fine area, the NORTHERN part of the ACC world!

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just kidding around, Moddy. I'm wondering why our local station broadcast this one instead of ESPN. It's the first non-weekend game they've shown, and BC's ratings are nothing to write home about, let alone for neutral games for a new conference.
    Still, it beats the local ABC affiliate, which is still stuck with Big East noon Saturday games in both football and basketball from a deal it signed before BC bolted.

5. You are looking LIVE at the (virtually empty) Temple stadium.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

My guess is that the regional carrier (used to be Raycom/Jefferson Pilot ... I think Raycom has a new sponsor now) had the game and ESPN blacked it out. Trick is, some regional affiliates honored the agreement and others didn't. Figure out which area I fell in.

7. Indeed, we got Tim Brando and Billy Packer, in his old JP mode, as our broadcast team here in NE.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

And tonight, the a classic women's match: No 1 and 24-0 Duke at No. 2 and 24-0 North Carolina. All of you women's college basketball haters (hey, I'm with you when it comes to hating the WNBA), should watch the brand of basketball you'll get tonight. They don't walk the ball up the floor. The Tar Heels play at a fast pace, force turnovers and wear the opponent down. Duke doesn't play quite as fast, but is very entertaining. It should be fun.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Duke. Where Richard Nixon studied law and Lefty Driesell studied English.

10. And Christian Laettner studied...
    (Damn, that slider may have caught a little too much of the plate..)

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

UNC's women aren't going to win against Duke when Larkins and Latta are playing like they played tonight. Of course you've got to credit terrific defense from Harding and Bales for that. If Latta just makes half of her field goal attempts, I think the Tar Heels win. It wasn't nearly as well played as I was expecting and the officiating was suspect at best.

Draft saved Draft deleted