1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official Duke-North Carolina game(s) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Glad the northern ACC contigent decided to show up.
    ---
    Not sure which team to take -- both are pissed off from the weekend's losses.
    I'm going with Heels by 4.
    The McRoberts-Hansbrough, year No.2 matchup will be interesting.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think it's very hard to predict how the younger UNC players will react to playing at Cameron. I can guarantee that, unlike for the game at N.C. State, Hansbrough and Lawson won't be the only ones playing with passion. If I had to bet, I'd bet UNC wins narrowly but nothing would surprise me.

3. Talent-wise, UNC men should win by 20.

Duke is too young and, yes, overrated.

The women's game? Uh, WHO CARES??????????

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That game deserves more hope than the men's version of this rivalry, for sure. That doesn't happen every day.

5. ondeadline

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=2755448">
    In this simulation of the game done with NCAA March Madness 07</a> North Carolina wins it 86-78 with Ellington scoring 33 points.

[​IMG]

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Great. Now I really don't have to watch the game, because ESPN already simulated it for me.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who cares about Duke-UNC when ya got South Florida-St. John's...[/dripping with sarcasm]

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

bump, as the first game is about to get under way.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Damn you Charter for having a bad satellite or something. We're getting Pitt/WVU.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'd love to see either that game or the Duke/UNC game. Instead I'm stuck listening to it from the radio feed online. While the announcers are much more bearable, not being able to see it sucks.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

David Aldridge is reporting the presence of David Aldridge.

12. ondeadline

If they keep playing at this pace, Duke won't be able to keep up. That is if UNC starts playing better defense.

Draft saved Draft deleted