1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official Duke-North Carolina game(s) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Someone get me a Juggs Machine! Stat!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. Duke-UNC is much the same way, though to a lesser extent. I think you can add Dick Vitale as another reason some people, including me, can't stand this rivalry that they used to like watching anymore.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It would disturb me if an announcer or a network was a big reason a worthwhile rivalry was no longer fun. But given ESPN's penchant for massive overkill, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Just know that from my grossly biased point of view, Duke-North Carolina is really special. And I didn't go to either school ...

4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Finishing up To Hate Like This Is to Love Forever, and I'm pumped for this one. Will Blythe, if you're here, shoot me a pm. We'll do lunch. [/proudtarheelfanboyloooser]

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm with this guy. Fuck these two teams.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yuo shouldn't be so bitter. After all, Duke gave Mizzou Quin Snyder! :D

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They play college hoops west of the Appalachians??

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oz,

Welcome to spup's list of "Dead. To. Me."

Spup

PS Shouldn't you hate North Carolina? Didn't they steal YOUR head coach?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

spup, I'm used to it. I've been on IJAG's list a time or seven.

And yeah, the Tar Heels took Roy. So be it. Personally, I still believe he should have shown the same loyalty to Kansas as his mentor did to UNC, even as KU called time and time again, and paid tribute to Smith's words through his own actions. But I can't blame Roy for being torn, so I blame Dean Smith, who's dead to the KU family. Roy couldn't tell Dean Smith no a second time, simple as that.

But Roy's gone. Bill Self is new favorite coach ... until March.

10. Yeah, get used to your teams underachieving in March under Self. Just like they did every year under Roy.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh goodie, another big regular season game between two teams who are guaranteed to make the NCAA Tournament. Yawn.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

You must have either forgot the sarcasm font or you've never watched a Duke-UNC game. If you watched some of these games, you'd see that there is incredible passion even though, as you say, both are virtually guaranteed NCAA tournament berths.

Draft saved Draft deleted