1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official (all-sports) Mid-American Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You can't tell me he's worse than Freddie Barnes and Tyler Sheenan.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Nah, I don't know everyone. Just one or two.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

We'll never know about Barnes, since Brandon wouldn't let him throw the fucking ball. Please don't get me started.

And FireJT, I don't know one person in this thread, although some of us tried (in vain) to get a ClevelandSportsJournalists.com outing together at this year's MAC bball tourney.

Speaking of, where the heck has OrangeHatBobcat been? Did Rocky Mount impose a no-SportsJournalists.com rule?!

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I was in Cleveland last year for it. Stayed an entire week. Grand ole time.

They got reeeeeal sick of me at the Winking Lizard and Hairy Buffalo.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Great bowl for the Bobcats, landing GMAC this year. I know that hurts the Midwestern folk who could've driven to the game, but the lead-in spot to the BCS game is clutch, especially the 8 p.m. ESPN time slot. Now bring on Southern Mississippi (Zastudil vs Favre?) or Houston (Kareem Wilson vs David Klingler?).

6. Hank_Scorpio

That's four MAC teams in bowls this year.

Central - Motor City Bowl
    Western - International Bowl
    Ohio - GMAC
    Northern Illinois - forget which bowl, but saw it on the ESPN scrawl earlier.

Oh and to beat slappy to the punch:
    Eastern - Toilet Bowl

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ball State is in the Division I-AA playoffs because they don't meet the I-A attendance requirement.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

NIU is in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. That ought to fit nice on the shirts! Seriously Rick Chryst should be a major conference prez after this coup. Of course it helps when there's 200 6-6 teams.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Maybe Chryst can take over for former MAC commish Karl Benson in the WAC. :D

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Even more amazing at second glance is that only four MAC teams had winning records and they're all in bowl games. Sadly that last fact says more about the parity of big conference college football across the board than the resurgence of the conference.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Central Michigan vs. Ohio for the MAC title tonight at Ford Field.

Fire Up Chips (hi sportschick :D)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me. (until Ohio wins, at any rate).

Draft saved Draft deleted