1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official (all-sports) Mid-American Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

This conference is nothing without Marshall.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Marshall was a member for like 7 years. They were never really a MAC school.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Marshall brought a couple excellent athletes (and football teams), but they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire in C-USA. Other than football they brought nothing to the MAC.

4. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Kent State has a master's program?!?! Wow.

Ay Ziggy Zoomba, bitches!

5. Can I get an AMEN! for the Eastern Michigan men's cross country team?

By the way fellow EMU grads, Kevin Walter is on his way to finding a niche in the NFL. They love him in Houston.

6. Oh, and by the way.

Ball State must die!

7. It hasn't been said yet, so I'll say it...GO BRONCOS!!!! Fight on, fight on for Western.

8. Western Michigan. Nice school colors. Shit and Piss.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wasn't Marshall in the MAC before the football program dropped down to I-AA, too?

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Sure, but who's gonna follow Nowitzke?

Nowitzke did a fine job taking over for Desilets and Thompson who did a fine job following Boaz.

11. Wow, who knew I wouldn't be the only one with inside knowledge of the EMU cross country team? The Eagles lose two of their top eight (maybe more) and will lose only one of this year's top group after next season. They're young and a sure bet top 20 at the NCAAs in the near future.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I completely forgot about Chrusciel (sp?) and Brent. You're right, they do have some young talent.

And, as always, Goodridge will get everything he can out of what he has--provided his athletes want to be elite runners.

Draft saved Draft deleted