1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official (all-sports) Mid-American Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Nov 26, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And Temple's only fan comes out of the closet. :D

2. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

Austen Everson not playing is the reason Ohio was able to score 34 against Miami

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

On Temple's roster, a true freshman, is a linebacker who attended a high school near here. However ... he was never a linebacker there. He was never a football player there. He ran the 400 meters there. ;)

4. KP

KP Active Member

Kalvin McRae, Heisman '07

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

All of the posts present are indicative of why the MAC has slipped as a basketball conference, it's moving too far in the football direction.

Silly, considering almost half the schools need to cheat like hell to make the I-A attendance requirement.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Cheat? You mean there really weren't 8900 fans at the Eastern Michigan-NOrthern Illinois game last Friday afternoon? :D

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Define cheating. I thought every school added seats that don't exist for parents weekend :D

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Cheating? You mean to tell me Buffalo didn't average 30K fans this year?

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I hesitate to even show my face in this thread, as the two major sports at my alma mater have taken nosedives reminiscent of TSP's Brownies.

The basketball coach, in the last year of his contract, can't keep guys on the team and has resorted to JUCOs, something he always said he'd never do.

The football team, No. 16 just four short years ago, almost lost to Hank's Eagles, winless Florida International, and fucking lost to Temple.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2006-2007 Bowling Green State University Falcons!!

Oh, and spnited, go fuck yourself. Rutgers sucks.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Emoo has a football team?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Temple should fit right in, then. They have to hand out free tickets to even get close to 10,000 announced in the Linc.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The MAC ought to add James Madison and George Mason as full members to expand into the East Coast. Forget about Temple.

Draft saved Draft deleted