1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office season premiere (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Maybe a man or two slipped in, there's really no way of knowing

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The guy who called Jim "Big Tuna" is Ed Helms of Daily Show fame.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why do you hate America?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Best line of the show.
    Brilliant.

I was one of the ones who thought that the American version would suck big time after watching the Ricky Gervais show. But this is great.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why do you hate America?

Seriously, I laughed from the moment Dwight blew his fingernail clippings on the temp's desk right through the end of the show. (Earl was pretty good, too).

6. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

That "He Ferris Bueller'd me line" in the Earl was great.

But The Office was non stop laughs. The Gaydar, Creed, the kiss, does Oscar's roommate know, Dwight's crazy kick to defend Angela, Jim and Stapler ... it was great.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've been pretty ambivalent about this show to this point, but I think I became a fan last night. Really good stuff; some laugh-out-loud moments, especially the man-kiss.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I got hooked on The Office watching all the reruns this summer .. I had watched it in the beginning, but then started to read stories how it wasn't going to be picked up, so I decided to stop watching (figuring the show wouldn't be back anyway).

One thing I love about this show is the characters (yet) aren't caricatures. Michael Scott can make you cringe with some of the things he does, but then we see his nice side - excited to see trick-or-treaters, asking to skate with the kids of his now-(I guess) girlfriend (although he's not sure of the girl's name - priceless) and crying to Oscar about saying to him "faggy."

Great stuff, wish it was like the summer when they'd run two episodes a night. :)

9. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Is there a better character or a better actor doing a character on TV than Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute? I think not.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I think the Earl-Office combo is the best thing to hit comedy in a while, and though the Office was a great one, I couldn't get over Earl... Joy has to be one of the best "acted" parts on television right now.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

How about when Joy said, "It's just like when Rosa Parks stole that bus."

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It's all about the hands on her hips thing for me, she just screams trailer park

Draft saved Draft deleted