1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office season premiere (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I was totally against an "American" Office, and refused to watch until the tail end of last season. But the show's starting to grow on me -- tonight's opener was great.

However, one thing I find bothersome is the copying/slight modifying of certain scenes, such as Jim putting Ed's calculator in Jello. On the British version, Gareth's stapler found the Jello. Clever. ::)

While unavoidable, it's probably a little irritating for those who prefer Ricky Gervais over Steve Carell.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The pilot of the American Office used the same script as the British pilot. So Jim had put Dwight's stapler in Jell-o and that was a call back to the pilot. It also did a great job of showing how the personalities at the two branches were so different.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Best show on television today. Who knew the Stamford office would have cameras too?

"Gay, at one time, meant 'happy', and when I was young it meant 'lame.'"

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I, too, was mad to see the 30 minutes up. Thursday nights are back to being a great night of television. Earl, The Office, Til Death, Grey's Anatomy, CSI... the number of shows on are countless. It's a good thing we have Tivo or I would be very sad because there is no way I can choose any of these shows over another. The rest of television is just OK, but Thursday nights are amazing for me.

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Pure money:

Meredith licking the Purell.

Carell getting the pixelated treatment when he said Queer as Fuck.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Loved the delayed joke about "Chicken or Fish" when Roy brings lunch up. "We had to pay for the dinner so we froze it all."

Stanley complaining about the toaster.

The look on Pam's face at the end.

The in joke about the camera and Jim's expression.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

How about when the Stamford female co-worker said Jim is always looking at the camera like this, then did a dead-on version of the goofy reaction shot Jim has?

Inspired bit of subtlety.

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

You like two guys kissing? UGG most woman don't like that stuff.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Awesome as in funny and awkward.

Not awesome as in I diddled while watching it.

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Ok I got you, I though that weuld be wierd if you liked that in that way.

11. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

that episode was pretty gay.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I thought it was faggy.

Draft saved Draft deleted