1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office season premiere (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Sep 21, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Boys and girls:

That was 30 damn fine minutes of television.

To recap:

* Jim's in the Stamford office (which gets the trickle-down sensitivity seminars for Scranton's misdeeds)

* Pam didn't go through with the wedding; Roy got popped for DWI in the aftermath.

* Television saw its most awkward, excruciating man-on-man kiss ever with Oscar and Michael.

* The hot office chick from "Boston Public" is one of Jim's new co-workers, as is (I think) the crazy fucker from that one movie where the dudes try to off their roommate to get passing grades for the semester.

* Creed is still the most hardcore old man you'll ever meet. ("I had sex with many,many women in the 60s ... maybe a man slipped in")

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: The Office season premiere (spoilers, probably)

I liked it. And the mankiss was awesome.

3. Re: The Office season premiere (spoilers, probably)

I'm so disappointed Jim and Pam didn't get together. :-[ I guess that would have been too obvious. Now they can drag out the love plot for another season.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Or three.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I loved every second of it. Roy's DWI picture. Jim putting Ed Helms' calculator in Jello. The gaydar device that Jim sent Dwight was absolutely inspired. "Oh look, there's Oscar's roommate. I wonder if he knows that Oscar is gay."

This show just keeps outdoing itself.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

So, Roy getting a DWI doesn't set it up for Pam and Jim to get together? No way Jim doesn't return. And I look forward to it.

Oh, there's Oscar's roommate. I wonder if he knows?

Priceless.

7. Fubar

Fubar Member

At a time where sitcoms are absolutely horrible, The Office shines. And it's not because there isn't competition... It's because it's a brilliant freakin' show. I actually found myself mad to look at the clock and see the half hour was up.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think it is going to be pretty funny to watch Roy try to win Pam back.

Anybody think Jim will end up back in Scranton with Pam wanting to get together and he will tell her she had her opportunity?

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I laughed my ass off the whole half hour. Big Tuna!

And the Gaydar bit at the end was the perfect way to cap it off.

Best facial expression of the night. "Imagine Allison with another woman." Dwight's look was great.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

CI--

I was just thinking to myself how they would get Jim to return. If Jim and Pam started dating, it would make much more sense for her to go to Stamford. Jim has the better job and it would be closer to NYC where she could pursue the graphic design internship. But the show can't have Jim and Pam seperated from the Michael/Dwight madness. My prediction: Just as Roy is getting ready to close the deal and win Pam back, Jim gets promoted to the newly created title of "Assistant Regional Manager" because Michael fucked up again and Jan wants someone to watch over Michael. Dwight goes apeshit because ARM is his rightful job. And Jim gets to battle Roy for Pam's heart.

11. Yes, I think that's exactly what'll happen. They won't ever get together. Their first kiss was the last.

12. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Michael's comments for Phyllis were hilarious. Everybody has a chance.

Pam and Ryan (The Temp) watching the mankiss in horror was the best part.

Draft saved Draft deleted