1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office Season Finale (8pm start btw) W/ SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 17, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm always a few days or weeks behind on my Office viewings so I haven't felt comfortable commenting on the shows, but I read your guys stuff each week and always enjoy it.

I loved the call back to the Olympics episode, because it's one of my favorite episodes ever. (The line where Jim asks Stanley if he has any office games he plays, and Stanley says, "Yeah, I have a game. It's called work hard to my kids can go to college" will always be one of my favorites.)

I feel for my man Headbutt, because I do think it was a tough call between Karen and Pam, but in the end, I love the chemistry that Fischer and Krasinski have. I really like the fact, too, that they make Fischer kind of plain and play down her hotness in real life. Jenna Fischer is just awesome in so many ways, and I don't care if it make me a total girl, but I loved the look on her face too when Jim came in the door and asked her to dinner. "I'm sorry, what was the question again?" Good stuff.

I know it's been said 1,000 times previously, but this show has one of the best ensemble casts in the history of television. Kevin having the fan-boy debate over whom was hotter, Karen or Pam, was a great nod to all the Office geeks out there who've been debating that for months.

A great third season. Hope they can keep it going.

Lastly, loved this part from Creed's blog, where he talks about Pam.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've accepted the fact that I'm the ONLY one in the world who wants to see Jim stay with Karen. The only one. And I knew for the last month it was a losing battle.

I bet you're the kind of guy that would watch a friend smoke a 265 yard drive right into the water and say, "you shoulda sliced that one, huh?" While at the same time thinking "phew! I'm glad that wasn't my ball!"

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard pam is going to be in an R-rated movie. heard there will be full-frontal nudity. let me see if i can find a link.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, maybe you should call me for some golf, and you'll find out, yes?

Karen's cool. And I do like that they were able to have the whole season without making her the bad gal too much. But Jim and Pam? They're soul mates, brother. Gotta cheer for that on some level.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've been slacking, and I feel much shame because of it, when it comes to the golf course. Come June I hope to correct that. You'll hear about it.

6. It'll be difficult to beat the pic of Jenna F. from Jane Magazine: http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/jenna-fischer-nude-jane-magazine.jpg.

May or may not be safe for work, hence the link.

She is one incredible gal. Goodness.

On the show: I was really stoked about that entire scene involving Jim at the interview, the gold medal with the note, the trip back from NYC, Pam's monologue about how everything is OK, Jim asking her out, her beaming from that. I loved it. I was starting to cry, then the temp ended things with a "You and I are done."

Epic television.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

8. Lyric

Lyric Member

Stanley's answer was even better.

It's classic how Dwight doesn't have a BS detector. Jim takes advantage of this all the time. Of course, when Dwight think he's caught a liar, he's usually wrong.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finaaly watched the episode. I've really dislked both Jim and Pam this year -- maybe they will be better next season.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And Steve Nash does not involve his teammates enough?

I know there has to be one person who does agree with everything, but come on. Who on the show do you like? Roy?

Draft saved Draft deleted