1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office Season Finale (8pm start btw) W/ SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 17, 2007.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I totally missed Dwight dipping with Big League Chew and then making Andy wash out the spit cup. On first watching I thought he was just having Andy wash his coffee cup.

2. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

OK, I'm not totally sold taht Karen didn't get the job and Ryan is her assistant. Or, if Ryan got the job, Karen already said there's one too many people in Scranton. She'll just move to New York (or Stamford).

Either way they are done. Jim left her in new York for Christ's sake.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I remember reading that Creed's character is based pretty closely on Creed the actor.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, that was my thing. She said "I can't go back there." So she left an out.

That being said, the look on Pam's face when Jim said "It's a date" made me smile. I felt happy for them (I'm such a looser).

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed_Bratton_%28The_Office%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed_Bratton

And yes, I know they made a joke about wikipedia on the show. I don't care. I still love the website.

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, B.J. Novak confirmed during a post-show chat on NBC.com that the Ryan character got the job.

"I think there will be some very funny plots next year involving Michael and Ryan... Their relationship could take on some characteristics of Michael and Jan... I'm sure that's Ryan's fear anyway. Thanks for the question. The short answer is I'm looking forward to that twist from both sides of camera."

7. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

One hidden gem: When Stanley said he'd give Dwight his Stanley Nickels, Dwight seriously asked what the conversion rate on Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks was.

8. People get so stupid about this stuff. Last night, my wife was excitedly telling me that there was "speculation" by "some people" that Ryan was really talking to Karen and that they had hooked up, and the writers all threw us off with the New York guy. Yeah, that's what happened.

And the Russian's coming back and Adrianna is still alive, too.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That SO does not surprise me. I'd heard he was in the Grass Roots before. He just seems like a strange cat on the show and in real life.

It was pretty funny him not remembering who Pam was.

10. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

I can't wait for Kevin's report on who's more attractive.

(Though I think we all know what the right answer is.)

P.S. How awesome is new, confident Pam?
    "... and it only took me three years to summon up the courage. Thank you."

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Just as awesome as mild, quiet Pam. I wonder how drunk she was at that bar when she fell and broke her back?

12. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Well observed by the blog at time.com:

"The best thing about the season-long Jam saga was that the writers, with Fischer's able help, made it about more than the receptionist's lonely pining for some guy. Ultimately--and this was beautifully set up, going back to Pam's art show and before--it was about Pam missing herself, needing to become confident, brave and self-sufficient. She was delighted when Jim came back to her, but the nice thing is (and this is something the British Office never managed with melancholy Dawn) she had already found happiness unto herself."

http://time-blog.com/tuned_in/2007/05/the_office_now_that_weve_found.html

Draft saved Draft deleted