1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office Season Finale (8pm start btw) W/ SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 17, 2007.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd call Ryan an underachiever. He did go from intern last season to taking Jim's earlier this season when he left for Stamford. At the rate he's climbing the ladder, Mizzou will call him a young fucking stud.

Edit: to clarify Ryan's timeline.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He wasn't an intern though, he was the temp. Ryan the temp. He got the job only when Jim left because he was already there.

Plus he's one of the more useless characters in my mind, compared to the others, which of course then makes perfect sense for him to roll out.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow. The last 10 minutes of that episode were incredible. Legendary even. Still glowing. Wow.

4. He's not going anywhere. He's one of the writers/producers. As is Mindi Kaling who plays, um, his now exgirlfriend, Kelly.

I think he'll drop in every now and then to make Michael's life difficult.

I am curious what they'll do with Karen since she didn't get the job and they didn't address her breakup with Jim. Does she just fadeaway?

Just another note: As silly as it seems to promote a former temp who has yet to make a sale, unfortunately I could totally see it happening in the real world ...

What a great episode.

5. Flying Headbutt

Oh I know he's heavily involved, I just meant his character doesn't really stand out compared to most of the other ones. He'll pop up here and there, and probably bang Kelly just like Jan stopped by to visit Michael.

Karen is the big conundrum, and has me wondering if maybe there were two jobs open, or if the tension will be that much bigger next season.

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Bald Bull sent me reeling when Michael told Hunter: "Oh, and also, (Brumski)"

Iron Mike sent me to the canvas when Ryan said "We're done."

7. Good call, by the way, on it being Jan's job.

It'll be interesting to see what Jim did to not get the job and why Karen either lost out to Ryan or, like you said, got a second job. I'm guessing Jim just withdrew his application. I wonder if Karen did the same.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I bet Ryan is Karen's new assistant. They probably axed Hunter, too.

9. Flying Headbutt

Whoooaaaa! It really does exist!

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Nice, that's exactly what he was writing in the show.

11. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

unfortunately, www.creedthoughts.gov.www/creedthoughts does not exist.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I think Jim walked away from the interview. Or perhaps walked away knowing he'd blown the interview.

A nice way to mostly tie a neat little bow around all of the storylines for this year so next year starts anew.

Draft saved Draft deleted