1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Re: The Office 10/16

Holy crap. We agree on something. I actually enjoy IASIP.

Um, let's rebalance the universe before something goes wrong. Call me an asshole. Please!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Choke on something.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Why is it that every "Office" thread gets jacked into people talking about shows they think are better?

Not sayin', just sayin'.

4. imjustagirl

Because every thread on this board gets jacked into something else.

Aside from the running threads (and even those do) and the one about kleeda's son....it pretty much happens everywhere.

Sorry for contributing. But I'm not sure a weekly comedy is a reason to get upset over a threadjack.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

IJAG, how come every time someone tries to complain about a threadjack, you have to threadjack it into a thread defending threadjacking? :D

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Right. Wait a minute ... what?

7. imjustagirl

Arnold, how come every time I try to threadjack something into something positive, you have to threadjack it negative?

(ly)

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Now that's better.

To get back on topic, I thought this week's episode was pretty decent, but definately a let-down from the rest of the season so far in terms of overall quality. While I could easily see myself watching the Weight Loss episode and the Ethics episode over and over again, this one (short of Dwight's adventures with the stroller and Jim/Pam's convo at the end) just didn't bring enough of the funny for my likings.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Take your Sunny in Philly crap some place else, hippies.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

After Andy and Angela have their little back and forth about the baby picture, the camera cuts back to Andy one last time. His look and "shudder" had me laughing louder than anything in the show's history.

This episode was a solid 8...those tender moments we've all grown to love, and a zinger by almost everyone. I can't wait for an episode when every single actor has one major line. This ep, Kevin, Kelly and Ryan were silent.

11. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

i can't get over how un-funny dwight's character has become.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

For ever overdone Dwight/stroller moment, there are subtle gems: Michael defying Jan's, "Don't date Holly" edict right after she's coldly excluded him from the whole birth process that he was looking forward to with such manic enthusiasm....The wall of baby pictures where you have to guess who they are -- and the first one they show is Stanley...Angela's absolute disgust with anything Andy says or does...and, yes, Creed in the reception area wrapping his foot.

Draft saved Draft deleted