1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Re: The Office 10/16

One more thing.
    Is it just me or could Jim pass for Ben Roethlisberger's little brother?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Re: The Office 10/16

It's just you.

Actually, Big Ben looks a lot more like Roy in that picture.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've loved the last two weeks. Reminds me a lot more of how the show started out.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I almost fell out of my chair when they were taking the picture of the baby with all that food on it. That's how I always pictured Anne Geddes would do it.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not that funny for Office standards.

But, they are starting deepen the characters of Michael, Pam and Jim, which in the long run, will make this a much better show.

Did anyone else feel very sorry for Michael? In the history of the show, they have shown his desire to be a parent and his potential to being a very good parent. Him holding that child with a blank look was a very strong, serious moment.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Still not as good as the British version.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Maybe you should have used the blue font, but, seriously, this argument has to stop. We have people in our newsroom who say the same thing, and it gets old. If you don't like it, why waste your time watching.

The British version lasted 12 episodes. The American version has been around too long to keep drawing comparisons. I, too, thought the British version was pure genius. But this show is pretty damn good. As far as comedies go, there isn't much on TV currently that even comes close (although I think 30 Rock is equal to the task). Even Ricky Gervais says the American version is great (although he pretty much has to say it since he's undoubtedly making millions on it as the show's creator).

As for last night, I thought Jim's original phone call with Pam was genius. When Jim asks "Stacey Kanacomesin?" and, later, after Pam's story says, "Hilarious?" and she says, "No, horrible." I think we've all been there with our significant others, especially during a personal call while at work while trying to do other things. Kind of half listening to what they think is a great or important story.

Dwight and the stroller was a little much for me, but I laughed out loud at the watermelon/baby birth, especially at the end of the scene when Dwight is pulling up his pants and Michael's eating the watermelon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Magnum

Magnum Member

It was an OK episode for me, but still this is the only show I look forward to watching on TV anymore. Everything else is just reality crap.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I thought it was a really good episode - I like when they show off the "human" side of Michael Scott (and still show he's a bit of a buffoon).

I also enjoyed the first round of deleted scenes (I read where they pretty much film nearly an hour episode regardless), which has a Toby "appearance" ... and sue ... icide.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/clips/baby-shower-clip-one/768483/

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't think keeping Pam and Jim together advances the plot very well at all. A breakup sure as hell would, though ... especially if she ends back at Dunder-Mifflen because she sucks as a designer.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Kato, FYI, Ryan was just joking, referencing a previous argument on the issue.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Check out 30 Rock.

Draft saved Draft deleted