1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Scouter

Scouter Member

Re: The Office 10/16

Fantastic closing scene with Jim and Pam. Loved the juxtaposition.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Dwight: "I'm very experienced with kids. I did my own circumscision."

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I didnt check this episode...just started watching the series on Netflix from the beginning. It's fantastic...probably the closest thing to Arrested Development since it went off the air. Not as brilliant, but it's still a damn fine sitcom and NBC's best since Seinfeld.

I'm halfway through the second season, just finished the Booze Cruise episode...and I really want to punch this Roy dude in the face so Jim/Pam can be together like they should be. I'm patiently waiting for Jim to grow the balls to make a move. And that Dwight Schrute is hysterical.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It gets better Boston. But stay off these threads. Full of spoilers.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I saw the season premiere this year - it was actually the episode that got me into the show. I forget most of what happened by now, but I remember thinking how funny and outrageous it was, especially the weight loss plot. But I'm staying away until I catch up...since Netflix lets me watch every episode of every season online, I'll be done by next week or so.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I panned the hell out of last week's ep. But I loved this one. The first five minutes were golden (shower) and it stayed strong throughout.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

i wasn't the biggest fan of this episode, minus the final pam-jim scene, the baby pictures incident and michael's final thought. of course, that combined was less than two minutes of the episode.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My jaw hit the floor on that one.

My wife being in the "terminal stages" of pregnancy probably made this episode funnier for me than most.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The Daryl scene had me laughing out loud.

D: You wanna hold me, see how you feel?
    M: (pauses) Can I?
    D: NO!

10. jps

jps Active Member

stanley nails his bit once again ... complaining about his ankles and nipples was golden (shower).

11. Re: The Office 10/16

I don't like Jan, and I'm not really sure why she is still on the show?
    Maybe they can boot her to the spinoff?
    I enjoyed her character when she was employed by the company. Now that she is unemployed and with child and not really dating Michael, what is the point of keeping her around?
    Write her character off the show.

PS: The SNL Prime Time sucked... Hard!
    What was supposed the be funny; The 60-some "Joe the Plumber" references? Maybe the fact the Update guy couldn't get his lines straight?
    No wonder I don't watch.

(Sigh) When does 30 Rock start up again?

12. Re: The Office 10/16

People will riot if Jim & Pam break up, correct?

I think they are just trying to capture some dramatic tension in the relationship again to make viewers root for them again. There are a ton of people out there - mostly women - who tune into the "Jim and Pam Show" every week and really couldn't care less about much else going on. They have to pander to them a little bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted