1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It works. It's not brilliantly written or anything, but it's interesting and logical.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

If the documentary is finished and ready to air, why are they still being filmed by the documentary crew?

3. RickStain

I got the impression it would be an ongoing series after the initial debut.

4. No mention of the series on the WVIA website.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Was last night a new episode? My DVR is set to record only first-run and Cox had it listed as a repeat.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It was new. Totally outlandish scheme involving Stanley that was nonetheless true to his character and made me laugh.

Jim/Pam reaching a head.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Jim/Pam entirely recreational, though. This series is ending. Is there any doubt they'll be fine by the end?

Angela's TV appearance, at hubby Senator's presser, was hilarious.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

As goofy as the Stanley storyline was, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially when he got up out of the chair with the "Oh, no you did not!" line.

Other really good LOL bits:

- Kevin celebrating for being able to keep Oscar's secret.
    - Toby going off on Clark for coming back to the annex (where Clark's desk is) when he was talking to Jim, and then his throwaway mumble, "I'm going to kill him." ... Scranton strangler storyline revisited?
    - Dwight waving to security guard Hank after they loaded Stanley into the car. Hank just sitting, drinking his coffee watching it all unfold.

9. RickStain

Intellectually? No, I guess not.

But they've got me just emotionally invested enough that I feel some doubt, which is what a decent story will do.

I wasn't crazy about how Stanley just shrugged off Dwight's horrific assault because they made the sale, but they played it straight-faced enough to make it work. Not like people haven't gotten plenty of felonies shrugged off before on the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted