1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact opposite. I, perhaps unfairly, compared it with the Andy Griffith Show episode when Andy takes Gomer to join the Marines. That's an all-time classic and last night I was totally bored by all the Dwight stuff and thought they shortchanged the Packer story.

2. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Hated last night's episode, at least the portion about Dwight.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The Return of Brent

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hadn't realized it either until reading Grantland. After what I saw Thursday night, we won't be missing anything.

Greenwald's take: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/71147/the-office-takes-a-quick-ill-fated-trip-to-the-farm

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wanted to skip this episode because I'm positive I'll hate it, but the completist in me is getting all twitchy. I may buckle tomorrow.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dwight as a central character is as annoying as late-"Friends" Monica was. And that episode was just weird. Maybe there will be a Stoners Channel in a few years and that spinoff can find a home.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So...we seem to have crossed the river into full-on "here's how they deal with the documentary" mode. What does everyone think? I thought of some logical holes in the most recent episode, but also thought that it led to some very funny moments, particularly with Oscar and Angela. I also thought Andy had a good, funny story arc for the first time in recent memory.

Also, for a throwaway plotline, Ryan Howard (not the usual one!) was pretty damn funny.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Eat fresh!

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Not funny. This show is leaking oil toward the finish line.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Pam's the jerk, not Jim, right? Sure seems that way lately.

11. Jim's an ass. He made a big deal about buying the house he grew up, and turned to sports marketing because he's a jock sniffer who never graduated college and didn't land his dream job of working for one of the Philly papers.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Jim pretty much abandoned his family to play bachelor. Does that make Pam right? No.

I love this season. Well, maybe "love" is a strong word. Really like.

Draft saved Draft deleted