1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That was pretty awesome - loved it.

I still found the documentary crew guy still horribly awkward and uncomfortable, and not in the good way.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

We're supposed to believe that pretty-boy boom mike guy has been doing that job since the series began?

That makes him as miserable and career-dead-ended as Jim. Why would Pam want to mess around with another loser like that?

She has one little hiccup of a personal crisis and this guy comes on all Prince Valiant. Please. Should have made the guy a schlepp. Then let us see how much the former Beasley lit up when he came to her aid. Roy's lucky to be free from that ball 'n' chain.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I really thought the initial reveal worked, but that fight scene was way over the top.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I loved the Jim-Pam scene at the end.
    "I think we should fight tonight."

So does end the Brian involvement, or is it just getting started since he and Alyssa broke up?

And I'm glad we're back to Andy being a colossal d-bag.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm glad about nothing involving Andy. He's a bad character. I mean that not as in Andy Bernard is a terrible person but as in Andy Bernard is a poorly written character. I didn't like him much early, then I became OK with him in the middle, then they started giving him too many plots and now I can't stand him.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This.

7. I'd still fight with Pam.

8. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Andy was tolerable as a goofy guy in the office who badly wanted to be liked. He's unbearable -- and frankly, a little unrealistic -- as a person in a position of authority.

Whatever the case, this show has reeled me back in with this whole Brian thing.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Another solid episode last night, although the Toby-Nellie-Strangler thing was a bit forced and the Michael Scott clone bit stretched on a bit longer than it needed to.

First time in a few years I actually look forward to watching this on DVR.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, the Grantland comments section had a great deadpan comment about NBC's woes on Thursday nights:

Oh man, I was really hoping this season of the office was setting up a spin off show about Brian the boom mic operator.

(To summarize the tangent: Next year, The Office is gone, the Dwight Schrute spin-off wasn't picked up, Christina Applegate quit Up All Night, Parks and Recreation is wrapping up all of its story threads this year because it thought it wouldn't be renewed, and Community only got its partial season this year thanks to Internet uproar and is unlikely to be renewed again. Oh, and Do No Harm was cancelled after two episodes, after allegedly posting the smallest ratings ever for a Thursday night NBC drama: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/after-just-two-episodes-nbc-cancels-do-no-harm/ )

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would watch the spin-off after seeing that episode.

12. The spin-off wasn't picked up. Didn't realize that when I made my post. Dwight's attractive sister is an SJ 6 and the cute neighbors aren't bad-looking, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted