1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 9/27 SPOILERS INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I like that Pam screwed up her computer trying to order a celebrity sex tape.

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Jan's threat to Pam was pretty entertaining too.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I hope they do more with Kevin and/or Stanley. I love them :D

4. Do you guys find the Jan-Michael relationship believable? Early on she was this high-powered career woman. Now she's a loafer sponging off of him? I guess that's part of the comedy of it, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

This is a guess, but making Micheal more cringe-worthy might be an attempt to follow the UK version. It's been a year or so since I watched the UK version, but, if I recall correctly, David Brent got more cringe-worthy as the show went on. Obviously the UK and US versions are different, especially with length of series, but maybe Micheal is eventually going to get fired and will stick around on the show by constantly showing up at the office. They could follow him and keep up with him like they did with Brent in the Xmas specials. If this happens, it probably won't be for a season or more, and it seems really far-fetched.

I also really enjoyed the Jeopardy line and conversation with Ryan. "It's double Jeopardy, so we're OK." And Kevin and Stanley were great, as always.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think it works because they've always hinted at Jan's self-loathing. Even early on, when she started talking about being in therapy and needing to be in self-destructive relationships. When you piece together all her neurotic behavior, and all the stuff the new CEO, Josh, said about how bad she was at her job before she was fired (constant smoke breaks, internet shopping, visiting her sister in Scottsdale) I think it's believable.

7. Actually, I thought it was a pretty clever stroke.

I had a friend who spent a night with a stripper after doing X together at some party. He was gloating for the next week but was thinking about splitting when he found out she quit her job and some other things. I told him, "How about that? In five days you went from dating a stripper to dating an unemployed stripper with two kids and a drug problem."

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A pretty good summary of last night's brilliance and its flaws from SportsJournalists.com's favorite TV critic, Alan Sepinwall of The Star Ledger (and Sopranos deconstrution fame). He makes the point that's been made here previously: Hour-long episodes are a mixed bag. Some great stuff, and some slightly over-the-top stuff. In retrospect, even though I really laughed a lot during the episode, it didn't all fit together at times.

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/09/the_office_crash_into_you.html

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have looked unsuccessfully on the internet, and hopefully it will be posted soon, but the quilt that was being made had thee panels stitched.

To say it is worth pausing the TIVO for is an understatement.

10. Two of my favorite moments from the episode:

1) When Michael tells the office about Meredith being hit by the car and makes it sound as if she has died. When he reveals she's OK, Stanley gets a disgusted look on his face and says "What is wrong with you!!??!! ... Why'd you have to phrase it like that?!!?"

2) When Meredith told the group she was feeling OK because of the painkillers and Creed leaned in and started rattling off a bunch of them to try to find out what she was on. When she said she didn't know, he was all disgusted. His reaction, followed by Jim's look at Creed was hilarious.

11. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

The episode is free on NBC.com this week. Does anyone know if this is a season-long thing? I was quite pleased to find it.

12. Keystone

Keystone Member

I figured it would be the camera crew busting Jim and Pam the same way it busted Dwight and Angela. The part where they showed the video evidence to J&P was classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted