1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 9/27 SPOILERS INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I believe it was:

"Cat heaven is a beautiful place, but you don't get there by being euthanized."

And it was, in fact, hilarious.

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Did anyone do a tally of how many meds Angela's cat was on? Her list was ridiculous. I don't know how anyone could accomplish all of that during lunch.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. There were a lot of great lines. But Michael is getting dumber, Pam and Angela looked "glammed up" (although Angela went back to the Lilith look later), Pam and Jim are a little too cocky and Angela and Dwight, after being all secretive, had no problem talking in front of the camera about their relationship.

Did I say there were a lot of great lines? :)

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think Dwight lost it when he was told he had to rub cream just below the base of the cat's tail - on its asshole.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I never thought it was possible to like a show so much when you really don't like one of the main characters. I like Michael less and less each week, mainly because, as lantaur says, he's getting dumber. The other characters are so great and the writing so sharp that I can still watch and enjoy the show even though I don't like Michael. (I think it might be Steve Carell that I don't like.)

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The whole check ceremony made me laugh, especially when the "nurse" turns out to be as expected, a stripper. Classic.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Didn't he make the check out to "Science"?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yes. And he asked the "nurse" to make sure it got into the right hands. :D

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, good find. I forgot about that one.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

And same stripper who showed up for Bob Vance's bachelor party in the warehouse.

11. I'm totally with Andy B. on the bloody nipple thing tho....

12. The first half-hour was amazing. Second half-hour was sporadic.

I agree on Michael. I really like Steve Carell; I think he does a good job making stupidity believable, but the character is cringe-worthy. I like the show much better when it's not about him.

Michael did have one of my favorite lines, in response to Ryan trying to explain jeopardy: "What is, we're fine."

My favorite character this week was Kevin and his reaction to Pam and Jim supposedly not being together. "Are you kidding me?"

Draft saved Draft deleted