1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office - 2/8 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I forgot another good line ... when they are getting married and the priest says Rob Vance of Vance Refrigeration.

They put a photo gallery of the wedding up at NBC.com - on the invite is we'd like to thank family, friends and Vance Refrigeration. Also, you get a peek at Kevin's fiancee. You also have to check out the wedding cake (near the end).
    http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/photos/#cat=32&sec=575&mea=12142

By the way, next week's show might be cringe-worthy as well:
    Ryan invites Michael to be the guest speaker at his business school.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The show isn't close to losing me or anything like that, but I found Michael to be cringe-worthy on this one.

This was like Larry David on "Curb Your Enthusiasm." You almost wanted to cover your eyes at some point.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Except Curb is funny when Larry goes off the deep end and last night's Office wasn't.
    It had some funny moments, but it was one of the worst shows they have done.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Michael was over the top, but I loved, LOVED, the line at the end when he's with Al:
    "Enough already. I've been listening to you for 30 minutes, most of it over the top of my head."

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Al: "The Celtics were a great team."

6. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I love that Bob Vance (of Vance Refrigeration) can't rereferenced without a mention of his job.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

A spoof, I suppose, of the multitudes in this country who feel constantly compelled to remind people of what smashing successes they are by their job title? (The creators of "Friends" used Ross and Joey in this same way often).

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Too much Michael = bad show.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't know. Yeah, Michael was cringeworthy, but I think this episode really hammers home the point more than most that he absolutely cannot stand it when he's not the center of attention. Even when he knows someone else is supposed to be the focus, he makes it all about him. He just went a little over the top this time.

10. Sly

Sly Active Member

Best line of the night was when Michael was doing his wedding speech and got the definition of "wedding" mixed up with "welding."

The Creed bit was hilarious as well.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He also seemed to confuse metals and medals during that speech.

12. Msaint

Msaint Member

The wedding pics are great. Brilliant of them to go the "real wedding pics" route, as if someone emailed you the slideshow. Ryan's face in the shot of him and Kelly (dressed like a bride) was priceless. He had my best moment of the night: reaching out and deflecting the bouquet away from her.

Draft saved Draft deleted