1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office: 12/14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I hope your god was better than our god.

YOU MOTHERFUCKING OFF-BRAND TIVO SUMBITCH.

Guess I'll have to try to download it off iTunes. When do they post it, usually???

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Exact same situation with me. I literally rolled off the couch onto the floor when Baldwin said that and hit the minus-30 button three times. My wife didn't know what to do or say. That show is hysterical.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

[quote author=leo1 link=topic=35190.msg929646#msg929646 date=1166194277]
    yeah, it had to be jan. that was a great episode.

as an aside, the funniest line i heard all night wasn't in the office, it was in 30 rock. when tina fey comes into alec baldwin's office he says something like, 'what's the matter, did the liberty lose last night?'
    [/quote]

that was the bomb!! ;D ;D ;D

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you can live a week, they're replaying it next week.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/about/next_on.shtml

If not, I don't know how long it takes to get posted to iTunes.

Mine worked, and I laughed out loud a couple times. The Sharpie, of course...but what I REALLY like about the show is facial expressions. Pam watching Jim and Karen open gifts, then look away when she sees the camera on her. Pam's face after Karen says she should date her ex-fiance. Stuff like that sells it to me.

Oh, and "destroy phone."

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Let's not forget Jim tricking Dwight into sharing with the unsuspecting waitress his graphic description of how to slaughter to a goose.

"You'll need a bucket. For the blood."

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, can any of our 60s-era posters name the (I presume) Grass Roots tune Creed was singing?

Gotta love Creed.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The Office was great... laugh-out-loud funny all the way through, especially Dwight's stuff at the end "You've been compromised. Abort the mission!"
    And 30 Rock was great, too - especially the part at the end where her slacker boyfriend gets busted on "To Catch a Predator."
    "She said she was 16, but I totally thought she was 22!"
    And how about "Black Frasier?"
    "Yeah, it was on every Thursday, about 9 or 9:15, on BET."

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

30Rock is growing on me. And it was certainly funnier than Scrubs last night.
    Actually the first three episodes of Scrubs have all sucked.
    I wonder how many people ordered 3 parts egg nog, one part sake at a Japanese joint today also known as the Nog-a-sake.
    "Some places won't fix it for you. I guess its a seasonal thing."

9. bige2you

bige2you New Member

If it wasnt for the marker scene this would have done it for me. The look on the Womans face as he's describing the process is classic. I just started watching this season and its a very good show. Not to mention Rashida Jones is hot....

Also for the 30 rock folk, when Tina Fey's boyfriend was on Dateline as a sexual predator and said he was there to "bop some 22 yr old chick" i lost it.

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

How about when Creed walks into the office, passes by the "Toy For Tots" box, grabs a toy and starts walking to his desk.
    JIM: "Uh, Creed, those are for the kids."
    CREED: "And a Happy Holidays to you."

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

Was it just me or did the two Asian girls they brought back to the office not match the two asian girls they were talking with at the restaurant? Did I miss one of the jokes?

"Jim, take away New Year's from Stanley."

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Just you.

Draft saved Draft deleted